The goal of re:TH!NK's Drive Your Bike campaign is to make biking more likely to happen. Using active transportation, like biking (or walking) is good for your physical and mental health, and is also good for the planet!
Getting from "point A to point B" by bike is a transportation option you can choose. Whether it be to work, to the store, to the library or to the park, making a trip by bike can be easier than you think.
Fox Valley Bike Challenge
Our local area did incredibly well in the National Bike Challenge last year, with Appleton finishing in 1st place and Wisconsin finishing 1st in the Nation! We want to be #1 in the nation again!
Join the Fox Cities Cycling Association and re:TH!NK by signing up for the Fox Valley Bike Challenge. Its free and easy for all ages and you can ride anywhere – down the street, to work, to school, to the store! Use the STRAVA app to track your miles with your smartphone or log them online. Check out all the events planned for the Fox Valley Bike Challenge on Facebook.
How it Works
- Register and log miles via the National Bike Challenge website or use free app
- Challenge runs May 1 through September 30
- Monthly prizes based on points earned – 20 points each day you ride at least 1 mile, plus 1 point per mile
- Encouragement rides throughout the program
- Fox Cities Goal (Calumet, Outagamie, Winnebago): 3,500 participants and 1.5 million miles ridden
Visit our Drive Your Bike supporters' websites for more information on how to drive your bike!
Bicycle Benefits Program
Receive year-long discounts and rewards at any of these businesses in your neighborhood when your ride your bike there and show a Bicycle Benefits sticker on your bike helmet. Need a sticker? Get one for $5 at most of the participating businesses. More information at www.bicyclebenefits.org