A community that engages and empowers all residents to live a safe and healthy lifestyle.
Through effective community collaboration, we create an environment that enables healthy lifestyle choices and deters substance abuse in order to improve the quality of life for all Winnebago County residents.
re:TH!NK's goals and strategies:
- Reduce the social acceptability and occurrence of underage drinking and binge drinking
- Support tobacco control policy changes at the local and state level that reduce use and access to tobacco products
- Reduce youth access to tobacco, alcohol and other substances
- Identify and implement specific measures that will increase access to healthier food options to vulnerable populations and make it easier for everyone to make healthier food choices
- Increase awareness of drug abuse by educating and outreaching to the community
- Utilize best practice programs and community partnerships to increase physical activity in the home, the workplace, and at school
- Educate local decision-makers about policy changes for creating an environment that promotes pedestrian/bicycle mobility
- Reduce barriers to gaining and accessing services for mental health, dental care, chronic disease management, injury prevention, sexual health and family planning
- Engage youth in support of education, outreach and policy activities to change the social acceptability of substance use and unhealthy lifestyle choices
- Develop social marketing campaigns that promote behavior changes that lead to healthier decisions
- Identify and advocate for policy changes that help create an environment that supports health, activity and safety
- Utilize local data, measureable outcomes and evaluation practices to guide strategies and activities
- Support and advocate for prevention program sustainability locally, and statewide
- Support coalition building and increased local capacity through leadership development
- Improve the coalition's cohesion, visibility and effectiveness in the community
Check out our projects for more details about what re:TH!NK is doing in the community.