A community that engages and empowers all residents to live a safe and healthy lifestyle.
Through effective community collaboration, we create an environment that enables healthy lifestyle choices and deters substance abuse in order to improve the quality of life for all Winnebago County residents.
How re:TH!NK works towards its mission:
- Reduce the social acceptability and occurrence of underage drinking and binge drinking
- Reduce youth access to tobacco, alcohol and other substances
- Identify and implement specific measures that will increase access to healthier food options to vulnerable populations and make it easier for everyone to make healthier food choices
- Increase how connected people feel to the people and places around them
- Utilize best practice programs and community partnerships to increase opportunities for physical activity
- Educate local decision-makers about policy changes for creating an environment that promotes pedestrian/bicycle mobility
- Engage youth in support of education, outreach and policy activities to change the social acceptability of substance use and unhealthy lifestyle choices
- Develop social marketing campaigns that promote behavior changes that lead to healthier decisions
- Identify and advocate for policy changes that help create an environment that supports health, activity and safety
- Utilize local data, measureable outcomes and evaluation practices to guide strategies and activities
- Support and advocate for prevention program sustainability locally, and statewide
- Support coalition building and increased local capacity through leadership development
- Improve the coalition's cohesion, visibility and effectiveness in the community
Check out our priorities for more on what re:TH!NK is doing in our community.